Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Blazer caught on fire!

Well most of us have rigs that need a lot of tender loving care. My second mid 80's blazer leaks every fluid but fuel. I figured this is sort of natural for a truck I rarely drive and maintain only to the point I can take it out and beat the hell out of it. When I was a mechanic I used to work on my rig every other day because I had the resources, lift, tools, and facilities. Anyway I am here to tell you that I am changing my ways.

I had to jump out of my rig on a 60 degree snow/ice hill and put out a fire on the left side of the motor. Oil and power steering fluid spewed out on my headers. I had seconds until the fire caught the entire motor and luckily I had my trusty extinguisher with me. I will be taking the top half of the motor off and sealing everything up. I am no longer going to say....."awww it is fine... I will just keep adding fluids..." :) Anyway thanks for reading and have fun wheeln!

Jarrod http://www.wheeln.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh Bancroft said...

Great story, Jarrod. Glad there wasn't any serious damage.

I'm glad you started blogging, so we can hear stories that this. It's great - keep it up!

Josh

9:24 AM  
Blogger Esniper said...

Yes I am a geek wanna be with other passions.... I am just glad I had that fire extinguisher.... :)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

POST SOME PICS!!!
I WANT TO SEE SOME SHIT!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Esniper said...

Freddie.. check out the site... www.wheeln.com
Plenty of videos and pix there.....
Keep up the funny shit...

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home