Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Behind the 8 ball

Well, Since my last post I have done a few trail runs and of course made it down to Sweet Home for the Annual "MUD FEST" as I do every year.

First off I apologize for not getting the video on the wheeln.com website. I still don't have last years video of the MUD FEST on there. I am such a slacker. I will make an effort to do all of it this weekend.

Anyway, this years MUD FEST was awesome. I took my 2nd Samurai down there and had a blast. I didn't think it was going to do as well as the Blazer but it did better. Of course I didn't run through the big 44 holes but I didn't even do that with the Blazer. The little Samurai was awesome. I had it up on its ass end a few times and almost indo'd it once. It was caked in mud to the point you couldn't see the color of the paint. :)

At the end of the day I loaded up the trailer to get out of there. Once out on the hard ball I realized the Tahoe, I use to tow the toy, was stuck in low range. I spent 2 hours trying to get it out of low range and decided to drive it to camp where all my friends were. Once guy, Billy, is a GM mechanic. He tried to fix it for about 2 more hours but nothing was doing the trick. I called On Star and they were down for maintenance.... . ARGGGG! So luckily Jason came to the rescue with his AAA RV Plus card, which covers 100 mile tows. I owe him big! A tow truck arrived at the Waterloo campground and towed my Tahoe, trailer, and Sammy all the way to my house in Cornelius. Did you know it is exactly 99.7 miles from Waterloo to my house! :)
All in all it was a great trip but I have some issues with electronic 4 wheel drive. The funny thing was, the next day it came right out of low range. Unbelievable!

I recently traded the Samurai for another 400ex Honda ATV. We now have 2 of them. Fun summer I hope.

Look for 3 different sets of wheeln videos coming soon, including last years mud run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home